Thursday, June 20, 2013

Time to start blogging again

It has been a while since I blogged regularly. Since Facebook arrived on the scene, actually. I've been looking back at our old Xanga blog, though, and realizing that I miss sharing at that level. FaceBook has the pictures and the status updates, but a blog is so much better when it comes to remembering your daily life, thoughts and ideas. It has so much more scope for creativity and humour.

So, what's the purpose of this blog?
- a place to process and express what I'm reading and learning (I learn so much better when I talk about what I'm learning!)
- a personal memory book of our homeschooling years
- a way to share and interact with friends and family

What can you expect to see here?
- my thoughts on what I'm learning about homeschooling in general and Charlotte Mason in particular.
- stories from our daily life that are too good to be forgotten (though they often are if I don't write them down).
- my thoughts on other things I'm learning about, such as style, or cooking, or homemaking (yeah, definitely a learner there...).
- some favourite things, maybe recipes, or quotes, or songs...things I'd like to share.