Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 1:Shoes and Outdoor Wear {20-Day Clutter Challenge}

I managed to get an hour of decluttering in! Somehow I doubt that's going to happen every day, but the important thing is just starting and sticking with it for at least 15 minutes. I got rid of 8 1/2 pairs of shoes (all mine and the boys'), and I'm still hoping to convince Stephen to part with maybe 2 pairs of worn-out, ratty sneakers. He has a lot of shoes, but I don't dare to get rid of any without asking first. I threw one pair out that had its soles flapping in the breeze once, and of course he was looking for them the very next week.
I didn't even really get to the coats and other things, though I did manage to declutter a purse, a flying saucer, and a couple of dollar store kites that don't really work any more.

My points: 10

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I detect a bit of "fixed mindset" here, Nelleke ;) You wrote ...I doubt that's going to happen every day -- at that rate it may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I am sure you can do it 20 days in a row (but taking Sat and Sun off). So, I am challenging you to challenge yourself to do what you set out to do and declutter for 20 days in a row. I know you can do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. It's just that every time I get all motivated for a project like this, I get derailed by something big.
    Today, on cue, JJ had two bee stings in the morning, and stomach flu in the afternoon. Poor child...
    But here I am, filing paper at 10:00 at night. So I'm still on!

    ReplyDelete